Conrad 30 season is about to be underway!
At this point, every state has 30 slots available for physicians to claim by submitting an application beginning in the next few weeks. A few tips and reminders.
1) Only one J-1 waiver application per physician can be pending at a time, so the decision needs to be strategic.
2) Most states will prioritize primary care applications (Peds, Psych, OB/GYN, Family) but specialists are still permitted to apply and often get approved.
3) The process from start to finish takes about 6-12 months.
4) Costs for the entire process range from $10,000-$25,000 and can be shared between the employer and employee, depending on the stage.
5) We offer free consults to make sure candidates have a path forward before employers make a formal offer.
6) Employment contracts may need to be amended to follow immigration rules.